Tuesday, August 27, 2019

ARM, Intel and the microprocessor industry in 2014 Literature review

ARM, Intel and the microprocessor industry in 2014 - Literature review Example They had a feeling that sales favored ARM as their sales did not reflect the center of the ecosystem. Some observers felt that this would result to Intel making decisive actions. Intel was famous because it had good cash flow and upgraded technology. 40% of semiconductors are classified as microprocessors that have the circuit needed for computers. The remaining 60% are used for simple processors that have specific use such as the greeting cards. Even if they are less flexible they cannot be programmed once they have been installed (Grant & Jordan, 2012, P 15). Their shares of microprocessors have been increasing and it passed 50% in the year 2010. Microprocessors are manufactured through a complex process. The leading player is the US giant Intel that produced processors through its own architecture of x86. Their processors were used in the growing segments such as manufacturing of smart phones and tablets. This increased their sales from 12% in 2010 to 22% in 2012. They also became dominants by manufacturing gadgets at low cost and chrome book that was introduced by Google. The key selling strategy of ARM was through designing gadgets that consumed little energy. This was an important aspect of gadgets that needed to utilize energy that have limited battery capacity. This strategy seemed to be a good factor for some years to come. However the emission of low battery car was being improved. Commenters had begun to take an interest in the rivalry between Intel and ARM. These were different companies with different business models. And because of this neither of the two companies was justified to continue with the spoils with the way they have been doing. The final challenge is expected in network servers where ARM chips were being displayed. There are many processors in servers that are tightly fixed together, thus become a major challenge to keep them cool for long. Low energy chips consume low energy while operating thus cutting down costs. In the

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.